I went to the sickest party ever last night with a friend who is a friend of the host.
I don’t even know where to begin. I ate so much food. It was a buffet only dreams are made of. They had everything-ham, turkey, KFC chicken, lots of salads, haggis, etc. etc. I didn’t try the haggis though.
They had a room full of wine and expensive cheese-the cheeses were AWESOME especially Cougar Gold (a local fav that I just tried last night). The had a Scotch tasting room with big fish bowl glasses. I didn’t even drink. My firends tried to get me to. I don’t have much experince with alcohol or like it much for that matter. I had it in the big glass but it was confusing on how to get it down. It touched my lips and burned and I had enough-haha!
I just had fun conversing with the different people. I met this Ryan Reynolds look a like with a beard who had the best taste in literature. I’m talking Ginsberg, Thoreau, Emerson,David Foster Wallace, Salinger, and on and on. It was a treat talking to someone with such taste in lit. It’s hard to find people with such great taste in literature who isn’t in college. I really enjoyed talking to him.
Then I LOVED the Burns reading. It was so much fun. I didn’t know it was a thing at this party. People came prepared to read one of his poems. It was a competition of sorts. You were supposed to do it in a Scottish accent but I didn’t know how. Next year I will come more prepared but the host let me read one out of his Burns book. It made me miss my college days because we used to do readings all the time. I really wanted to do it to win a prize hahaha but it was fun too. I won a pair of sweet tartan mugs. Heck yah! Afterwards a lot of people said how well I did. The host even said I did so well and I got a personal invite back from him for the following year. Pretty cool for a novice like me.
Then a group of us downstairs were just shooting breeze and telling jokes…..jokes! I forgot how much fun it is to just sit around telling jokes. Used to do that with my cousins as kids.
Def have more stories like how the host thought I was double fisting drinks in red solo cups, but it was just water in one and short bread cookies in the other (homemade-OMG SO GOOD). LOL I live for nights like this. Thanks for the invite Dan (a co-worker). This is what life is about…connecting. It was super super fun.
I met some cool people. This one gal I met was so bubbly and had a huge personality. She asked if I was an artist and I said yes. Then she said I was a fairy. She said I had good energy and was bubbly and vivacious and will go far in life. :)
This is what I wore. Most all of it is thrifted but the tee is Gap and the headband is Rue21. So fun!! Bunny not included. It’s my friend’s Sarah’s, Elizabeth Bennett aka Lizzie Boo (that’s what I call her). She’s a doll.
Here’s before the night during the day: me and Ruthy just chilling.
The Friday before. This past Friday. I finally found french macaroons!! It’s hard to find them in my city. We are big but small compared to some. We aren’t no NY or LA. Omg they were so cute and tasty.
Hey! Did you watch the SAGs?? I thought they were on the 30th but they have all the outfits last night so maybe it’s just filmed and showed later.
I’m still gonna do a Globes recap, but here are my favorites for 2016 SAGS:
In no particulat order:
- Ana Farris in the red Naeem Kann gown. I love the shape and color. I like how it’s a vintage style but with a modern twist with the slit.
- Kristen Wig in Roland Mouret. I love when someone does a pant at an event like this. She just looks super edgy and cool.
- Sofia Vergara! I LOVE this. She noramlly does the same va-va-voom shape and dress. This is still the dress but it’s usually sequin or something. I love the fresh take on the shape she always goes for. That color is divine.
- Brie Larson in the powder blue high slit Versace. I just love the high slit, color, and shape. It’s innovative and fresh to me.
- Emilia Clarke in the hot pink full skirt,deep v ball gown. Love the vintage shape, again, but with a modern twist.
- Rachel McAdams in the Elie Saab champagne and lace crop topish with full skirt. She looks so fresh and cool.
- Uzo Aduba in the emerald green glitter Zac Posen. Reminds me of the Emerald City. Looks stunning on her.
*all SAG photos from instyle.com and I give all the credit to the photographers there.
Who were your favs?? The trends I saw, which make me so happy, were:
high slits on one leg
deep v’s almost done to the belly button but someone they looked tasteful.
a lot of form fitting column type dresses.
ahhhh I LOVE all the color too. They had tons of color at the Globes too. It’s nice for me because I get bored of black all the time. I’m glad some are taking risks.
I have some honorable mentions too. It’s actually longer than the main list lol.
- Naomi Watts in the blue flower column dress with black sash around the waist. It was Burberry. She always looks great.
- Juliane Moor in the Givenchy lime green sequin dress. I just wish it was a big tigheter.
- Saoirse Ronan in the long sleeve blush speckled long sleeve Michael Kors dress. She looked effortless. I dug her messy hair too.
- K. Shipka Erden. The madmen girl! I never watched the show. She wore a Erdem dark purple sweetheart strapless ball gown with silver flowers. She looked great.
- C. Brownstein in the tea length grey-silver gown with faint graphic print and deep v that is covered by sheer material.
- Marissa Tomei in Zuhair Murad’s long sleeve v-neck ruched hunter green gown with the sequins. Very pretty.
- Eva Longoria in Julien Macdonald. It was more of a army green. long sleeve deep v studded and exposed skin slits. Column dress style. She looked great.
- J. Pare in Kaufmanfranco. Black silt dress. Very interesting siholette. It had a high necklace with no sleeves of sorts. Cut outs on the sides of her stomach. But the front had the cut out and it flared out in an A-line style and had pockets. Very cool and unique.
- January Jones in Schiaparelli Haute Couture. The mint green chiffon dress was stunning. Very ethereal. It had too much fabric though.
I will try to do the Globes recap here soon. I have it all written down.
Thanks for reading.